What's Happening at Brand: The Week of May 5, 2024!

New to Bonanza Brand? 
Guests and Non-Members only see a very limited portion of this site. 
Become a Member to see and participate in all the fun.

Please read our Forum Guidelines and the How to pages.

Pernell Roberts Birthday Week Activities

Reminder Regarding the Posting of Images

Preserving Their Legacy in the Bonanza Brand Fanfiction Library
~~~~~

Check out the growing list of early-era authors added.

Join us in the VCLS Writing Challenges 
Try your hand at Writing a Pinecone or a Double Drabble

Movie Posters: Bonanza-style ~ Dialogue: Bonanza-style 
Commercials: Bonanza-style
Olympics:  Bonanza-style ~ Caption This: Bonanza-style
Set, Wardrobe, Props, and Oops!

If you find a feature in the Forums or Library not working correctly or
receive an error message, let us know in Tech Help in The Branding Room 
or e:mail:  Brandsters2020@gmail.com

System Maintenance

Brandsters

Brandsters

Over the last few days a regularly scheduled maintenance for the forums was completed. Our technical guru reported today that there were a few hitches in the process which caused the site to go down momentarily on several occasions. He states that all is now fine.  We ask that if you find anything that doesn't work for you to let us know in this thread.

Thanks for your support.

• Like 2

I just had an odd occurrence. I read the latest chapter in Napa's WIP, Snow Story/Adam's Heart and when I posted my comment it jumped back to the end of the previous chapter and put it there. Here is a screen shot of the comment and location. I'll leave the comment in place so you can see it. Perhaps then it can be moved to the proper location. 

image.png

On 2/12/2024 at 7:34 PM, AC1830 said:

Ok, this is weird. It just happened again. I've not had any other problems posting comments this evening. Just for this story. 

image.png

Thanks for letting us know.  The Library is hosted by WordPress and not included in the forum maintenance updates but @BluewindFarm will check it out.  

Edited in:

Just saw another post where you mentioned this was in a WIP thread that nappajackie posted.  In that case, this is a forum issue and we will let our tech guru know.   Thanks.

• Like 1

@Cheaux, @BluewindFarm. I'm not sure if this is related to this system maintenance, but it appears the night mode in the library is messed up. Clicking the button only makes the background (the wood part), dark, not the reading part as it used to. Super annoying as my tired eyes can't read some of the longer stories without having this feature.

• Like 1

I just tried it. On my computer it makes everything black with white letters and outlines. Readable but a bit weird. On my phone in dark mode, the wood becomes black and the photos become white. The story background stays white. 

16 hours ago, AC1830 said:

I just tried it. On my computer it makes everything black with white letters and outlines. Readable but a bit weird. On my phone in dark mode, the wood becomes black and the photos become white. The story background stays white. 

Interesting. What browser are you using for your computer? Shortly after the system maintenance, my firefox sounded like what you have now, but just over the last few days, it sounds like your phone version. I just checked on my phone (chrome) and it also only changes the background wood part not the text.

7 hours ago, wx4rmk said:

Interesting. What browser are you using for your computer? Shortly after the system maintenance, my firefox sounded like what you have now, but just over the last few days, it sounds like your phone version. I just checked on my phone (chrome) and it also only changes the background wood part not the text.

Computer - Chrome on Windows 11 

Phone - Chrome on Android

• Like 1

BluewindFarm
On 3/1/2024 at 6:20 PM, wx4rmk said:

@Cheaux, @BluewindFarm. I'm not sure if this is related to this system maintenance, but it appears the night mode in the library is messed up. Clicking the button only makes the background (the wood part), dark, not the reading part as it used to. Super annoying as my tired eyes can't read some of the longer stories without having this feature.

I just checked an on my computer, the wood is normal, the rest of the background in the Library is black with the font a soft white.   Since I don't use Dark Mode, I'm not sure how it used to be.  Also, Dark Mode updated their program to a basic package, because they now offer a PREMIUM service for a fee to allow personalization.  I'm looking for a replacement, but don't know what there is available.  

Have you tried to use the darkmode settings on your computer to see if that can be personalized to your liking?

• Like 1

BluewindFarm
9 minutes ago, BluewindFarm said:

I just checked an on my computer, the wood is normal, the rest of the background in the Library is black with the font a soft white.   Since I don't use Dark Mode, I'm not sure how it used to be.  Also, Dark Mode updated their program to a basic package, because they now offer a PREMIUM service for a fee to allow personalization.  I'm looking for a replacement, but don't know what there is available.  

Have you tried to use the darkmode settings on your computer to see if that can be personalized to your liking?

@wx4rmkWell, that was weird, while playing with DarkMode to see what options were available to us, it finally saw what you were saying.  I've changed to the only other option avialable to us in this DarkMode and I think it might be more to your liking.  Let me know.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BluewindFarm said:

@wx4rmkWell, that was weird, while playing with DarkMode to see what options were available to us, it finally saw what you were saying.  I've changed to the only other option avialable to us in this DarkMode and I think it might be more to your liking.  Let me know.

It's been working great for the past week-ish. Thanks for helping to troubleshoot!

BluewindFarm

@AC1830  That's what it looked like when I changed the settings last night, no pictures and a black background.  Luckily, users can select daytime and it will revert to normal screen.

With the latest Dark Mode update, there are now only two screen options available to choose.  All other options have been moved to their Premium version.

• Sad 1

BluewindFarm

Darcula Dark Mode was worse that Dark Mode.  -- DELETED

I installed Dark Looks Dark Mode.  Apparently, there are NO options to customize this.  What we see is what we get.  And it only affected the home page.  Once into a story, the page reverted to daylight.  -- DELETED

• Like 1