What's Happening at Brand: the Week of April 18, 2021!!

April Love -- Cartwright Style

UPDATED INFO  Pernell-a-Thon May 15-16

The Grammies

Have you Visited Joe's Loft: Episode of the Week?

Movies: Bonanza Style

2021 Writing Challenges Calendar

New to Bonanza Brand?  Checkout our Forum Guidelines and  How to pages.

The Grammies

BluewindFarm

Last night was The Grammy Awards.  In honor of the them, let's feature all the guest stars who would fit the Grandmotherly or Grandfatherly role; good, bad, or indifferent.   (Remember to include the episode title.)

All Ye His Saints.JPG

All Ye His Saints - Clint Howard and Leif Erickson

Andrina
2 hours ago, BluewindFarm said:

Wasn't William Demarest the uncle on My Three Sons?

I must confess I had no idea what you were talking about. I had to google My Three Sons. :laugh:

• Like 1
BluewindFarm
20 hours ago, Andrina said:

I must confess I had no idea what you were talking about. I had to google My Three Sons. :laugh:

Wonder if David Dortort was thankful that he chose Bonanza instead of MTS for the series title; especially after Pernell chose to leave. 

But if I remember correctly, @JC* correct me if I'm wrong.  In addition to changing 'uncles' who lived with the family and acted as a surrogate parent/housekeeper, there used to be another older brother who left the series, and the producers selected the real-life brother of the then youngest brother to be an adopted brother and the new youngest member of the Douglas family.  (Did I lose you there?)

At least Robbie was allowed to marry and eventually father triplets; the MTS producers never had to deal with the 'blue dress' of death.  :lol: 

• Like 3
On 3/17/2021 at 9:40 AM, BluewindFarm said:

But if I remember correctly, @JC* correct me if I'm wrong.  In addition to changing 'uncles' who lived with the family and acted as a surrogate parent/housekeeper, there used to be another older brother who left the series, and the producers selected the real-life brother of the then youngest brother to be an adopted brother and the new youngest member of the Douglas family.  (Did I lose you there?)

At least Robbie was allowed to marry and eventually father triplets; the MTS producers never had to deal with the 'blue dress' of death.  :lol: 

Yes, the oldest brother was Mike, played by Tim Considine, a "World of Disney" regular. He left to persue "other opportunities", so they married off the character.  They replaced him with Barry Livingston, who was the real-life younger brother of Stanley Livingston who played "Chip".  So Robbie moved up to oldest, Chip the middle, and Ernie the youngest.

About the time Robbie and his wife Katie had their triplets, our dog Georgie had 3 male puppies and we named them after the triplets. I think the names were Steve, Robbie, and Charlie.

Edited to add: I just looked up Tim Considine, and he was at one time married to Charlotte Stewart, who was on 2 Bonanza episodes but is best known as "Miss Beadle" from LHOTP.

On 3/17/2021 at 6:40 AM, BluewindFarm said:

Tim Considine was the oldest brother.   He married Charlotte Stewart who guest starred on Bonanza and was Miss Beadle on LHOTP.   

In television it seems everyone is related!   :laugh:

On 3/17/2021 at 8:40 AM, BluewindFarm said:

Wonder if David Dortort was thankful that he chose Bonanza instead of MTS for the series title; especially after Pernell chose to leave. 

@BluewindFarmSorry for the late reply, I haven't been on much lately.

Yes, you are correct and no, you didn't lose me.  I think Ellen explained it all well.

I remember when Nick at Night was launched in 80's and MTS was part of the original lineup of "oldies".  My daughter was in kindergarten at the time, and she liked to sing the song from the commercial.  The theme music was original, very catchy, even more so with the added words:

Oh my three sons, oh my three sons, oh my three sons

On Nick at Night

They've got a dad, his name is Steve. He's got a job.

He's really tall!

And then there's Bub, he makes them food.  They've got a dog.

They're my three sons (on Nick at Night)!

:lol:

• Funny 3
Andrina

springtimefishing2.JPG

John Qualen as Parley in Springtime

That's a really great grandfatherly moment too in the episode between Parley and Joe when they are fishing. I love how Joe says "Did you ever see a fish like that in your whole life?!" and Parley replies "No boy, I never saw a fish like that." and there he sounds just like a grandfather agreeing just because he likes the boy.

• Like 3