Forum Update!

You may have noticed that some colors or other features have been affected by the recent upgrade of our forums.  This update was generated by the forum provider.  We are working our way through the site to check on and restore things as necessary.  Please bear with us.

A number of features have had a change in location.   For example, to edit your post, click on the three little dots . . .  to the right of your name. 

Three Dots.JPG

On mobile devices the three dots are located in the upper right hand corner of the post.

• Like 1
  • Thank You! 2
BluewindFarm
11 minutes ago, AC1830 said:

I know you all are checking on everything since the update but I just wanted to mention about checking on phones. As I look at brand on my phone many things are out of alignment like Avatar is located over the text that's printed there.

We've found the same thing when member use the Fluid layout last evening as opposed to the Table or Grid.  There may not be anything we can do about the placements since that is a function of the program.

BluewindFarm

When using a mobile device, to move around to the Gallery, Chat, Fanfic Library, Guidelines, Copyright Activity, Awards, Log out, etc.

Click the three horizontal bars that are on the left side immediately below the Banner Image.  We'll look to see if we can change the color so it is visible instead of the burgundy against the green.

1D962675-956E-4878-AC33-A562B0D6938E.png

BluewindFarm
1 hour ago, AC1830 said:

I know you all are checking on everything since the update but I just wanted to mention about checking on phones. As I look at brand on my phone many things are out of alignment like Avatar is located over the text that's printed there.

Playing around in my iPhone SE, when holding it vertical/portrait the avatar and text are blended as you said, but when I turned it horizontal/landscape the two are separate.  

• I agree 2
BluewindFarm

Via Mobile devices it is practically impossible to see the notification bell, the PM envelope, and your login avatar.  We'll make a report to the program provider to let them know our findings and ask if there is a way for us to modify or if they can issue a patch.

• I agree 2
SJRCartwright

Bluewind -

As with all updates, things get screwed up.  Can you send me the time zone chart for the chat room?  I had it posted in each chat night announcement, but that has disappeared from my chat night messages.  Thanks.

BluewindFarm
6 minutes ago, SJRCartwright said:

Bluewind -

As with all updates, things get screwed up.  Can you send me the time zone chart for the chat room?  I had it posted in each chat night announcement, but that has disappeared from my chat night messages.  Thanks.

I clicked the post announcing the September 11th chat and the timezone chart was still there.

SJRCartwright

Bluewind -  I give up.  Computers are demonic beasts and they hate me.  I checked this post, too - nothing there.  Checked again after your post - yep; it's there.  I bookmarked it this time so I can just copy it.  You are a marvel!

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, BluewindFarm said:

Playing around in my iPhone SE, when holding it vertical/portrait the avatar and text are blended as you said, but when I turned it horizontal/landscape the two are separate.  

The 'blended' issue with avatar and text didn't change when I turned my Google Pixel 3a to landscape mode. 

14 minutes ago, AC1830 said:

Can the topic banners be shrunk on the phone app? They are taller than the post itself and take up a lot of real estate. 

Here is a screen shot of what I'm seeing. The brown area is what I'm referring to - it's huge. Is this what you are referring to in you response above? 

Brand phone image.png

BluewindFarm
2 minutes ago, AC1830 said:

Here is a screen shot of what I'm seeing. The brown area is what I'm referring to - it's huge. Is this what you are referring to in you response above? 

Brand phone image.png

Ah, that's totally different animal.  Those are functions of the Forum.  Have you tried the List View?

BluewindFarm
1 minute ago, Bakerj said:

It's the same for me on my laptop.  Grid view is now dominated by huge brown backgrounds to the Topic Rooms.  I much prefer Grid View to the others.  Is this how this layout will look from now on, or will they shrink and change back to how they were in time?

01 3 (2).jpg

We waited for over two weeks after the update was published; the last time we updated the forums the same day the update came out and the forums disappeared for about six hours, that's why we waited.

We're filing tickets with the provider on the issues we've experienced.  I don't know if they'll change this layout or not.