Your Weather Today 2020

Brandsters

It seems we're a few days late in getting this posted.  Let us know how you're faring weatherwise during 2020.

🌦️🌞⛈️:rain:

BluewindFarm

According to the meteorologists in Indianapolis, we should have begun building the ark over the New Year's.  They are forecasting rain starting later tonight/early tomorrow morning, with anywhere from two to four inches of RAIN, with some areas likely to see upward of five inches; and a flood warning issued beginning 7:00 pm Friday (1/10/2020) through 7:00 pm Saturday (1/11/2020).  As if we don't have enough mud as it is.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It has been unseasonably warm this week, with showers today.  Tomorrow's forecast is strong thunderstorms with enhanced tornado risk in the afternoon and evening as a cold front moves in, and a possibility of snow on Saturday morning.  Then we'll finish the weekend back in the 60's on Sunday.  All aboard the North Texas weather roller coaster!

BluewindFarm

This morning, we're wet and were woke several times during the night with rumbling thunder.  According to radar, it looks like the heaviest of the rains are staying south of me.  Happy for me, but feeling sorry for those who will be inundated with up to 5 inches of rain the next few days.

@AC1830 we too are waiting for winter to either arrive or get started.

• Like 1
BluewindFarm

For those in the path of this weekend's 'wonderful' weather, stay safe.

This afternoon/ evening we're predicted to receive 1 - 1.5 inches of snow coming in waves mixed with 0.1 - 0.2 inches of freezing rain/sleet mixture, before turning to rain sometime overnight.  (I don't mind the snow, it's the freezing rain/ice/sleet mixture I don't care for.)

Saturday's high temp is forecasted at 42 degrees with rain throughout the morning to early afternoon.

Sunday's high 16 degrees, dropping to an overnight low of 11 for Monday morning..  Brrrrrrr

And then Monday & Tuesday we're back up in the Mid-20s.

I was up at Lake Tahoe yesterday and it was beautiful and sunny at 66 F.    

Today:

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM PDT MONDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 12 to 24 inches, with 2 to 4 feet above 7000 feet. Winds gusting as
high as 50 mph with ridge winds gusting to 100 mph.

* WHERE...Greater Lake Tahoe Area.

* WHEN...From 11 PM this evening to 11 AM PDT Monday.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Southwest winds of 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 35 mph will create areas of blowing and drifting snow. Ridge gusts will be up to 100 mph.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult to impossible. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning commute. Very strong winds could cause extensive tree damage.

No wonder Joe always wore his jacket ... LOL!

Lenticular clouds observed i Dayton this morning.   My phone was charging so I didn't get any pictures, but here's what they looked like:

Image result for ventricular clouds

Pretty cool.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1