Bonanza Brand Anniversary Round Up - Get a Badge!

I came here from Bonanza World when we were first Ponderosa Brand.  We changed our name and now we've been here for 13 years. Lots of people have come and gone, some have passed away, but we've always had a good time here.  We've weathered a lot but have learned so many things and met so many friends.  Our Bonanza friends understand us better than our families sometimes and we've all been there for each other and helped in the mourning process and celebrated the happy times.

Tell us how you got here.  We would love some of our old time members who don't post much anymore to at least drop in and say 'hi'.  I'm sure there is a badge around here somewhere that can be earned.

From the Brandsters, thank you all for making Bonanza Brand a great place to be.  Each of your contributions makes our site unique and sets a standard for other Bonanza sites.  We are very grateful to all of you.  Happy Anniversary to all!!

• Like 9

Most of us say 2011 but that was the Thanksgiving debacle, right?

I came in 2007 too and loved all the interaction with tons of people I knew from BW and new people who joined the fun.   :woohoo:

There was a lot more to talk about in the "old" days and maybe we've covered it all more than once.  :shrug:   But I'd love to see more discussions come back to Brand.

• Like 3

I came here 2009, three months after having lost my husband. Rozenn, french Bonanza brand member, invited me. I first joined the french team then the german team too. I'm here for 10 years and it's an amazing place to be. I had so many super great moments, each time I needed some comfort, a Bonanza friend was there for me. 

• Like 9

I came here in 2009.

In 2008, France released in DVDs Bonanza, and suddenly my childhood come in my mind (I was 8 years old in 1969-70 when I saw Bonanza on screen). I thought I was the only fan in all the world 
But My husband said to me :" check on google, I am sure you can find forums" . I found the forum "Bonanza world" and met my French friends (2008-2009), but the administrator having no control on our posts in the French forum (in French) banned us from the BW(the same before with spanish forum), so my French friends sent me an e-mail to say me they were on the Bonanza Brand. 

I am here since 2009. Of course I remember the crash in 2011.

Honestly among all the forums I know, it's the Bonanza Brand my favorite. We are very free here, everybody respects the rules, I have never read a problem between members here.

It's a good place.

• Like 6

I'm a relative newbie - I came here in 2016 after spending a year on another forum, and I've never left!

I check in almost daily, usually for a spell in the evening before writing a bit more fanfic. In fact, it was the Brand library I found first - I think it's the best repository of Bonanza fanfic out there - I didn't even know there was a forum. After my experiences elsewhere soured, I came looking and found the forum.

Everyone gets on really well here, opinions are respected, we can have a laugh and discuss our boys. As this is only my third year here, I'd love to see some more discussions too. I know the Brand veterans have probably discussed it all before, but it'd be great to resurrect some...

• Like 4

I came in January 2017 after a very long absence from the forums.  I was at Bonanza World from 2004 to about 2008 before life called me in another direction.  As an empty nester, I decided I wanted to write more fanfiction because I never finished a series I had started back in the day, so I came here mainly for the library. I wondered if there was anyone still around from those days and was pleased to find a few familiar names. I've made new friends since I've been here and enjoy the feeling of community, plus the opportunity to write for an appreciative audience, however small.  

• Like 4

I'm definitely one of the newbies on here. I joined back in the summer of 2017 after stumbling across the site doing some research on ranching. I didn't actually start posting until 2018 as life got in the way. I'm not nearly as active on here as most of you due to working a full time job, but I love every minute I spend on here. You are all so friendly and helpful, which is one of the reasons I keep coming back. Thanks for all the friendship!   :smile:

• Like 4

I'm a newbie as well. I joined at the end of 2015 thanks to the Library. I began as a reader then joined the forums as a requirement for attaining author status. But it was at the end of 2017 that I became more active when another site suddenly shutdown and Indyanna130 invited our small group to join Brand. Everyone here gave us a warm welcome, and even though I opened my own site a couple of months later I still pop in here. It's nice to have multiple places to share our love for Bonanza, as well as all the friendships that are made. 

Congratulations Indy and Brand for reaching 13 years.  :balloons::bravo:  Here's wishing you many more to come. :thumbsup2:

• Like 3

I've been around since the Bonanza World days and the early years of this site (late 1990s - mid 2000s).  Back in those days I was known as Sneddy.

I had a break for a couple of years and came back in about 2012 (I think) to help look after the tech side of things and have been here ever since for better or worse.

Even though I still like watching Bonanza, I have since found other TV Westerns that I never got to see when I was growing up (all we saw on Australian TV was mainly Gunsmoke and Bonanza reruns).  Since coming back I have discovered The Big Valley and The High Chaparral.  This year I discovered The Virginian and after hearing and reading a lot of comments, I finally got around to watching Lancer (thankfully all the episodes are on YouTube) a few weeks ago and I l liked it.

As for the Brand, I will be around for the foreseeable future unless either The Virginian, Scott Lancer, Jarrod Barkley, Manolito Montoya, or if necessary Adam Cartwright comes to whisk me away...then I'm outta here :wink:

• Like 3
  • Thank You! 1

Although I first found Bonanza World in 2003 it's hard to work out exactly when I arrived here but I think it was around 2007.   Have thoroughly enjoyed my time amongst fellow Bonanza (especially Joe) fans, and though there's been a few hiccups along the way (2011 comes to mind . . . :whistling:), for the most part it's been a blast!:cheer:

• Like 3

Definitely a newbie here.  I joined Brand just over a year ago in June 2018.  Rediscovering Bonanza last year led me to its fanfiction.  Who knew there was such a thing?  Not me!  This amazing find took me to the incredible online world of Brand and the forums.  The wonderful, friendly environment tempted me to put my writing out there, and I've found it a brilliant, safe place to learn and improve.  I have met some lovely people who are so kind and generous with their support and time.  I check in every day, and it's a lot of fun. I was very honoured and humbled recently to be asked to become a co-host of Joe's Loft.  What a delight to have an excuse to spend more time with our beloved Cartwrights.

• Like 3

Not sure how long I’ve been here. The years seem to fly by!  When I got into trouble on BW, this site was recommended to me as a place where people were treated as “grown ups”.  Thankfully, that had proved to be true and I will always be grateful to Brand for that.  I don’t get here that much any more; work has been sapping all my energy.  I always used to enjoy discussion threads. Would be good to revive those. I’d love to rediscover my enthusiasm.  When our season ends at the end of October, I’m going to try and watch some BZ episodes and hopefully that will inspire me.

• Like 3

I first came to Brand to read PJB's story "Prisoner," which couldn't be posted at Bonanza World because of its MA rating. After BW went away, this seemed the obvious place to take refuge, and I was very glad that many of my closest friends and fellow-writers from BW also settled here. Some of them have drifted away since then, which is sad, (and it's even sadder that others have died!) but new members are joining all the time and I'm happy to still be part of this community. Thank you to everyone who works to keep this site running so well (the hiccup in 2011 notwithstanding)!!

• Like 4

I joined in 2016 as I had discovered the library and was thoroughly enjoying diving into such a wealth of stories. I will always review a story I read to the end and I was pleasantly surprised to find writers and readers interacting on the forums. When I have time, I enjoy the puzzles and the challenges. I have joined chats when I could (my timezone is not conducive to those!) and like the variety and depth of discussions. When I don't have time, it's always nice to just drop in for a few minutes and get my "fix" for the day. Brand is such a professionally run group with something for everyone. This is always a place with a sense of humour and a word of encouragement. Thank you to the many people who run things behind the scenes so very smoothly so we get to come and play.

• Like 4

I was part of the BW migration. I had just discovered Bonanza fan fiction and BW was the first site I stumbled across. I stayed there mostly, but then  the unthinkable happened and I found my way here. I was afraid to talk on BW for fear I would say something wrong and be attacked, so I lurked on the forum there, and stuck to reading from the library. It was so different here... I was encouraged to join in, and slowly I felt like I became one of the gang. I belong to other Bonanza sites but this is where I made friends, this is where I worked up the courage to actually write Pinecones, this is home. :smile:

• Like 8