Anger And Rage On The Ponderosa Or Somewhere

benpoing.png

The first scene I've choosen is this one.... Ben bangs his fist on the table... That's a reaction someone would have, when he flyes into a rage.... Someone who's angry has the wish to hit.... Anger is an energy which goes out the body.... Ben can't believe what he has seen. He has had a big shock...

Great thread, mumu! Of course, the Cartwright most likely to fly into a rage in any situation is Little Joe. Love this scene from A House Divided when he barrels into Adam and starts throwing punches over what Joe feels are disrespectful comments to Frederick Kyle. Turns out Adam was right about the dude, but you know Joe and his temper. Makes you wonder what would have happened if Pa hadn't stepped in to separate them.

housedivided43-1.jpg

Great thread, mumu! Of course, the Cartwright most likely to fly into a rage in any situation is Little Joe. Love this scene from A House Divided when he barrels into Adam and starts throwing punches over what Joe feels are disrespectful comments to Frederick Kyle. Turns out Adam was right about the dude, but you know Joe and his temper. Makes you wonder what would have happened if Pa hadn't stepped in to separate them.

housedivided43-1.jpg

Joe : he has not finished... I can see his fist.... His glance is so dark,his face is so expressive....

Ben don't look at Joe, but at Adam (because he's the older ????) Ben is angry, but it's not the same anger as Joe... Ben feels more something like "you should be ashamed".. This fight shocke him because the union in the family belongs to his values.... And he can't support seeing that...

Adam : we don't see his face very well... But it seems he's is more calm than Joe... I can see his hand, it's open.... But he has such a terrible glance too....

Guest TeddyBuletti

there is a very similar scene in I think it's showdown - I'll add the picture as soon as I have time to look for it :nod - at the party, when Joe gets mad at Sam first and then at Adam who keeps saying that he's just jealous because Sam is the better rider.

I can totally understand that Joe gets angry at Adam there, because Adam is taking the mickey out of Joe, he kept winding him up throughout the episode, if I remember correctly.

I know I would have been angry with Adam at that point, had he said that to me...

I love this question, Mumu. Some of our most intense emotions come in the form of anger, and it was no different for the Cartwrights.

This scene of Joe from 'The Legacy' is one of my favorites. He is intensely angry here for the most justafiable of reasons: someone he loved has been taken from him. (Or so he believes.) The grief mixed with the anger in his eyes seems almost frighteningly real here; I've often wondered what was in ML's head as he played this scene.

He isn't swinging here, but has every intention of doing that and more as soon as he gets an opportunity. And indeed, he is willing to KILL the man who shot his father, and does come within a hair's breadth of doing just that.

med_gallery_827_80_139740.png

Really, this episode was full of anger on the part of all the sons. As Sheriff Coffee told Ben later, "I just ain't never seen those boys like that." And who could blame them?

med_gallery_827_79_661034.png

I love this question, Mumu. Some of our most intense emotions come in the form of anger, and it was no different for the Cartwrights.

This scene of Joe from 'The Legacy' is one of my favorites. He is intensely angry here for the most justafiable of reasons: someone he loved has been taken from him. (Or so he believes.) The grief mixed with the anger in his eyes seems almost frighteningly real here; I've often wondered what was in ML's head as he played this scene.

He isn't swinging here, but has every intention of doing that and more as soon as he gets an opportunity. And indeed, he is willing to KILL the man who shot his father, and does come within a hair's breadth of doing just that.

med_gallery_827_80_139740.png

Really, this episode was full of anger on the part of all the sons. As Sheriff Coffee told Ben later, "I just ain't never seen those boys like that." And who could blame them?

med_gallery_827_79_661034.png

What a great reply... Your comment is very interesting... At least it's maybe more easy to be angry against someone.. I don't feel that... I'm angry against something unreal, not a human.. Sometimes I'm angry against Yves.. But I'm angry against the circunstances that made things happen... I'm angry against destiny....

housedivided43-1.jpg

This scene shows the difference in the way that the brothers react. They are both angry, but Joe is ready to punch his brother. Adam never actually punches Joe; the most he does is slap his little brother, and that's because he is his little brother, and he never wants to really hurt Joe

Little Joe forever

Lynne

As we know when JOE gets mad, he tends to flare :P

One example is in Quality of Mercy -

qualityofmercy47.jpg

Or when he's not happy with his eldest brother -

PDVD_966.jpg

Or when he's telling off 'Grandpa Walton' in Running Man :)

RunningMan5.jpg

Oh don't you just love that boy when he flares his nostrils?

Little Joe forever

Lynne

I also like to see Ben getting angry, which happens occasionally... at times he loses his temper almost like Joe does, and might regret it afterwards.

When Ben loses his temper you can so see where Joe gets his temper from, he can get really mad

He also chuckles quite a bit, too, another of Joe's traits

Little Joe forever

Lynne

Hoss gets angry but I don't recall him ever really losing his temper, except over Regan in She walks in beauty.

I think Hoss was pretty angry with his brothers near the end of The Courtship ........ or was he playing when he almost knocked them both out lol.gif But you are right it took an awful lot to rile Hoss.