Cheaux

2019 -- Better Late Than Never

Cheaux

Click to view full size image\

Crossover Story 

It's not too late to finish that story you started in 2018.   Post your story in the library (in the appropriate category) and let us know by link in this thread.    Posts must be made by January 31 to earn the BLTN badge (but not the original badge).

Edited by Cheaux
add Crossover to eligible stories

Sierra Girl

I started writing a story for BaNaNo in 2017, and continued it for the 2018 Camp in the Pines (I managed to include my word prompts!). And I'll probably post it in the WIP forum first (as well as elsewhere). It's being beta'd at the moment... Will it be eligible?

Sierra Girl
On 12/28/2018 at 7:28 PM, Cheaux said:

Because you worked on it during the 2018 Pines, it is eligible, and since it is complete it should be posted in the Library.  The Reading Room is for works in progress, not for serializations of completed works.  

Can't wait to read it, SG!

Thank you!

I always thought the WIP reading room was for works in progress, but I could have sworn that I read it could be used for serialising completed stories too. I must have been mistaken... But it does make me think, would a serialisation forum be a good idea for folks who want to post a chapter daily, build up the old suspense, etc... 

Inca
On 12/30/2018 at 12:10 PM, Sierra Girl said:

Thank you!

I always thought the WIP reading room was for works in progress, but I could have sworn that I read it could be used for serialising completed stories too. I must have been mistaken... But it does make me think, would a serialisation forum be a good idea for folks who want to post a chapter daily, build up the old suspense, etc... 

When you don’t have a lot of time, a story posted in small chunks is something to look forward to so I like the idea.  WIPs aren’t so attractive to me because they often get abandoned by the writer, and that’s disappointing to those following.  

• Like 1

AC1830
On 12/30/2018 at 7:10 AM, Sierra Girl said:

Thank you!

I like the idea for a serialization forum. It is nice to read a story a chapter at a time. 

• Like 1

BluewindFarm

To me, there's no differentiation between a serialization or a WIP; either way, the story is not posted all at once.  I might not read a completed story all in one setting, but at least I know the full story is there for me to read.

Even with a story completely written and the author posing in chunks, there's always the chance it won't be fully posted.  I was reading in another fandom 155,000+ words and 51 chapters into the story.  Comments had been made early on by the author that there were 51 chapters and the story was completed.  At the beginning of chapter 51 the readers were informed the story had expanded to 55 chapters; but at the end of chapter 51, we were left hanging...  It's been six years since the author posted and at this time I'm presuming she unfortunately passed away and no one had access to her story to finish posting.  So even if the story is fully written, if it is not posted in one setting I still consider it a WIP and won't read because I've been burned too many times in the past.

Sierra Girl

And there's nothing more frustrating than an uncompleted story! One of my all time favourites was never completed - and I can only imagine how it ended... I'll be posting my story, which is now completed, in the library next week. Can't wait!

• Like 2

BluewindFarm
On 1/11/2019 at 8:32 PM, Cheaux said:

Cheaux,  please double check this link. When I click it opens a ‘create a new topic’ post

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.