What's Happening at the Brand: Week of 15th July!

Welcome to Our New Forum Page! 

NEW!! 2018 Writing Challenges

Cartwright Renderings by Marla Fair

Friday Chat July 20th - Open Chat

New to the Brand? Check out our Guides and Information forum and Board Guidelines for help on various board and website features

2018 Ponderosa Paddlewheel Poker Tournament!

Check out our latest forums in The Cattlemen's Exchange: The Writer's Parlor and Arts, Crafts and Hobbies

In Memoriam: Grace Gaynor, Kent McCray, William Phipps

indiana

NOVEMBER : Your cult series (after years 2000)

mumu74

Oh yeah, that's the most difficult question I had to answer for a very long time.... As my mind is lost somewhere between the 50's and the 80's , it's difficult for me to pick up a TV show from the MODERN TIME..... ok... 

then I have another problem : I live in :france: and we definitely have very special TV shows, which can't be mentionned here :lol: 

Un, dos, tres : for the music and the dance Résultat de recherche d'images pour "un dos tres"

- NCIS : because of the murders and the cases they have  to work on it. Résultat de recherche d'images pour "NCIS"

• Like 2

Sierra Girl

Now let's see... I'm trying to visualise what DVD box sets I own (as they are all still in boxes after my move.)

I think I've got four main tv loves...

I adored TRUE BLOOD when it was on - vampires in the deep south. Oooozed sex appeal.

SUPERNATURAL with the very hot Sam and Dean Winchester fighting demons, ghouls, monsters and themselves half the time.. The later series aren't as good as the early ones but I'll still watch it.

Adore THE WALKING DEAD. Post-zombie apocalypse humans fighting the undead, yet it's their fellow humans who prove to be more dangerous. I have to watch some parts squinting through one eye so I can look away when it gets too gory.

And of course, I have to say it, YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW! I AM THE WATCHER ON THE WALLS. WINTER IS COMING! etc. It can only be the one and only GAME OF THRONES

• Like 2

southplains
54 minutes ago, Sierra Girl said:

SUPERNATURAL with the very hot Sam and Dean Winchester fighting demons, ghouls, monsters and themselves half the time.. The later series aren't as good as the early ones but I'll still watch it.

I second the vote for Supernatural! :hearts:

I don't usually like anything with vampires, monsters, demons, etc., but a Bonanza buddy talked me into trying this one several years ago, so with some hesitation, I did. And I fell in love.  Why? Because the brotherly bond theme is SO strong in this show. The love and support these two brothers have for one another may sometimes even (dare I say it?) surpass that of the Cartwrights! :shocked: Difficult to believe, I know, but true. (And they are every bit as nice to look at!)

I do agree with you, Sierra Girl, that the later seasons aren't as good as the earlier ones, but yeah, I'm still holding on as well!

Two that hubby and I have also really been enjoying are Chicago Fire and Hell On Wheels. Just finished HOW, and we are feeling rather lost without it! It's very historical, with a lot of authenticity.

Edited by southplains
  • Like 3

PSW

So .... I don’t actually watch that much TV.  These last years, the only thing I’ll actually make an effort to watch is American Ninja Warrior  — and I’m not sure that counts as an actual series ...

I did like Once Upon a Time for quite a while (Sebastian Stan as the Mad Hatter was inspired casting :smile:), though I eventually drifted away from it. Same w The Mentalist.

Loved the first four seasons of Merlin, but the last one was just not really great ...

I know we were asked for post-2000 shows ... but I would be remiss if I did not mention Highlander. I’ve never looked forward to another show the way I looked forward to that one in college ... :wink:

• Like 2

jojay
2 hours ago, Questfan said:

I realise I may be one of the few people who has never watched GOT.

Never had an inclination to watch and check it out.  My kids love Walking Dead, which I can't stand.  Once in awhile I'll watch Big Bang Theory, but hubby doesn't care for it.  Sheldon gets on his nerves :lol:.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Dodo
11 hours ago, Questfan said:

I think I'd have to go with The West Wing and since I can only go post 2000, Enterprise (Star Trek), Stargate and Doctor Who. I realise I may be one of the few people who has never watched GOT.

You're not alone - I've never watched GOT either.

• Like 1

PSW

I have never watched GOT.  I wish I wanted to, because I usually love well done fantasy.  But ... I read the first book in the series, and it was just more graphic than I like -- I couldn't continue on, and I've never really been tempted to try the show.

Edited by PSW
  • Like 1

JC*
19 hours ago, Dodo said:

You're not alone - I've never watched GOT either.

Same here.

We've been watching The Vietnam War series by Ken Burns, balancing it out with comedies like The Middle and The Goldbergs.  My husband loves Shark Tank.  I have been known to binge on episodes of Cake Wars (also Cupcake Wars, Halloween Wars... you get it).  TCM is my default channel.  

I know this doesn't count, but back in the day I was hooked on ER.

• Like 2

Belle
On 11/2/2017 at 3:37 PM, Sierra Girl said:

Adore THE WALKING DEAD. Post-zombie apocalypse humans fighting the undead, yet it's their fellow humans who prove to be more dangerous. I have to watch some parts squinting through one eye so I can look away when it gets too gory.

Sierra Girl--I live a few miles away from the hometown of the creators of the original Walking Dead comics.  Sadly, I'm not really into zombies.

However, I really, REALLY like Sherlock (BBC).

I, too, have never seen Game of Thrones. Although I hear it is "saucy"  :leer:

• Like 3

Sierra Girl
On 11/5/2017 at 1:35 AM, Belle said:

Sierra Girl--I live a few miles away from the hometown of the creators of the original Walking Dead comics.  Sadly, I'm not really into zombies.

However, I really, REALLY like Sherlock (BBC).

I, too, have never seen Game of Thrones. Although I hear it is "saucy"  :leer:

The thing about the Walking Dead is that, yes it's about zombies, but it's much more about people and what they will do, and how they will change, in order to survive. And it's one of those series that you just never when watching whether your favourite character will survive the episode!

You're not wrong when you say that Game of Thrones is saucy. :biggrin:

• Like 1

Annie K Cowgirl

At least I don't have to pick just one, I watch a lot of tv shows. I'll try to just name a few though or we'd be here all night. :wink: 

I also am an NCIS fan and have been since season 1. The same with the Los Angeles and New Orleans spin-offs.

Blue Bloods is another favourite; I have to have my Reagan family fix. My favourite parts are the scenes when they gather around the dinner table.

The new MacGyver and Lethal Weapon are pretty cool.

Hawaii Five-0. Sexy guys who have carguments, act like an old married couple, and manage to solve crime in between snipes...what's not to love? Plus it's set in the most beautiful state in the U.S.: Hawaii.

Scorpion is another addiction. It's so much fun to watch the geniuses try and interact with ordinary people. Sly's my favourite, probably because he reminds me of myself--afraid of practically everything, though I don't slather myself in germ x. :lol: 

Oh! I almost forgot about Arrow and The Flash. I can't help it, I'm a superhero gal. :biggrin: 

Edited by Annie K Cowgirl
  • Like 1

Annie K Cowgirl