What's Happening at the Brand: Week of 15th July!

Welcome to Our New Forum Page! 

NEW!! 2018 Writing Challenges

Cartwright Renderings by Marla Fair

Friday Chat July 20th - Open Chat

New to the Brand? Check out our Guides and Information forum and Board Guidelines for help on various board and website features

2018 Ponderosa Paddlewheel Poker Tournament!

Check out our latest forums in The Cattlemen's Exchange: The Writer's Parlor and Arts, Crafts and Hobbies

In Memoriam: Grace Gaynor, Kent McCray, William Phipps

indiana

September :your favorite cake (because of the 11th Anniversary of the brand) :smile:

indiana

September is a special month on the Brand, so tell me which is your favorite cake (Imagine it's your last possibility to eat a cake in all your life. :wink:

you can post a picture if you want.

I don't really like cakes or cookies, but I have a favorite : it's the lemon pie.

photo tarte_zpsg1uuusyh.jpg

• Like 3

PSW
15 hours ago, indiana said:

September is a special month on the Brand, so tell me which is your favorite cake (Imagine it's your last possibility to eat a cake in all your life. :wink:

I don't really like cakes or cookies, but I have a favorite : it's the lemon pie.

Well ... this looks utterly delightful ... :-)

• Like 3

indyanna130
16 hours ago, indiana said:

It looks really good,

• Like 3

Home Alone
1 hour ago, Annie K Cowgirl said:

Hands down my favourite is carrot cake! (sorry, I don't have pictures.) Though second and third place would go to lemon and then chocolate. :eat: 

A like-minded Brandster!  My favorite is also carrot cake - OK, to be honest, it's the cream cheese frosting held up by a carrot cake that's my favorite!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

PSW

I figured out how to post a pic not in the gallery!!!  I feel such a sense of accomplishment ... :runaround:

So, lemon is really my favorite flavor.  I love cherry chip as well.  (Really, I can eat any kind of cake and be happy.)

As far as my favorite all-time cake ...  My sisters and I have a tradition of getting together and making fun cakes for my nieces' and nephew's birthdays -- we have come up with all sorts of creations.  So when I turned 40 two years ago, my sisters and my oldest niece (as well as my brother-in-law, who got to spray paint with edible spray paint that night) made me the following cake -- it's fantastic (the saucer section is lemon, the nacelles--or rocket boosters, as my nine year old nephew called them--are cherry chip), and at the restaurant for my birthday dinner I believe at least one table wanted to take it from them. :lol:  Yes, it has Yoda, R2D2, Spock, and McCoy on Captain Picard's Enterprise ... but this is part of the joke, as I and my brother-in-law are the only ones that really know the difference ...

enhance

Edited by PSW
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

mumu74
1 hour ago, PSW said:

This looks so yummy! Do you have a recipe?

I'm sure, I can find the english version of the recipe, or I'll translate it. 

recette

You need to add one yogourt. Use the yogourt pot for mesuring 3 pots of flour, 2 pots of brown sugar, baking powder, 1/2 of the pot filled with oil, 3 pears, 125 g of mashed almonds, 4 eggs, you may add cinnamon, and rhum. Then you back it 45 or 50 minutes 

• Like 1

PSW
3 hours ago, mumu74 said:

I'm sure, I can find the english version of the recipe, or I'll translate it. 

recette

You need to add one yogourt. Use the yogourt pot for mesuring 3 pots of flour, 2 pots of brown sugar, baking powder, 1/2 of the pot filled with oil, 3 pears, 125 g of mashed almonds, 4 eggs, you may add cinnamon, and rhum. Then you back it 45 or 50 minutes 

Yay! Thx .... ?

• Like 2

jojay
14 hours ago, PSW said:

I figured out how to post a pic not in the gallery!!!  I feel such a sense of accomplishment ... :runaround:

So, lemon is really my favorite flavor.  I love cherry chip as well.  (Really, I can eat any kind of cake and be happy.)

As far as my favorite all-time cake ...  My sisters and I have a tradition of getting together and making fun cakes for my nieces' and nephew's birthdays -- we have come up with all sorts of creations.  So when I turned 40 two years ago, my sisters and my oldest niece (as well as my brother-in-law, who got to spray paint with edible spray paint that night) made me the following cake -- it's fantastic (the saucer section is lemon, the nacelles--or rocket boosters, as my nine year old nephew called them--are cherry chip), and at the restaurant for my birthday dinner I believe at least one table wanted to take it from them. :lol:  Yes, it has Yoda, R2D2, Spock, and McCoy on Captain Picard's Enterprise ... but this is part of the joke, as I and my brother-in-law are the only ones that really know the difference ...

enhance

Great looking cake!  I used to make and decorate my kids birthday cakes.  My favorite was a 1/2 white, 1/2 chocolate cake decorated with my daughters basketball shoes  I had so much fun drawing them out and decorating the red and white hightops!

• Like 1

PSW
3 minutes ago, jojay said:

Great looking cake!  I used to make and decorate my kids birthday cakes.  My favorite was a 1/2 white, 1/2 chocolate cake decorated with my daughters basketball shoes  I had so much fun drawing them out and decorating the red and white hightops!

Fun!! :-)  It really is a good time seeing what you can accomplish with edible decoration, right? :smile:

chrish

I spend most of my free time making and decorating cakes. Love doing it but never eat them, I have an intolerance to milk. If I ever manage to post pictures I will post some of them for you. 

My favourite once to make are chocolate as I love the smell of it, and my grandchildren don't seem to get enough of it :biggrin:

• Like 2

indiana
4 hours ago, chrish said:

I spend most of my free time making and decorating cakes. Love doing it but never eat them, I have an intolerance to milk. If I ever manage to post pictures I will post some of them for you. 

My favourite once to make are chocolate as I love the smell of it, and my grandchildren don't seem to get enough of it :biggrin:

you can use Almond milk or rice milk or others vegetarian milk as substitute to cow milk. My daughter is vegan and never uses cow milk, only vegetarian milk (I don't like the milk (cow) but I like very much almond milk, without sugar, so there isn't a lot of calories in it.) You can find substitute for cream too...it's easy now to cook even with intolerance.