What's Happening at the Brand: Week of 15th July!

Welcome to Our New Forum Page! 

NEW!! 2018 Writing Challenges

Cartwright Renderings by Marla Fair

Friday Chat July 20th - Open Chat

New to the Brand? Check out our Guides and Information forum and Board Guidelines for help on various board and website features

2018 Ponderosa Paddlewheel Poker Tournament!

Check out our latest forums in The Cattlemen's Exchange: The Writer's Parlor and Arts, Crafts and Hobbies

In Memoriam: Grace Gaynor, Kent McCray, William Phipps

indiana

August : (new theme) : Have you a nickname ?

indiana

Good morning friends of Bonanza :

So have a you a nickname ?

Mine is Mimi, but just used by my husband. Among my friends, I'm just Corinne.

Sometimes my husband calls me Poppy, because I love this word, and  I know it's too a firsname.

Edited by indiana
  • Like 3

mumu74

Now, that will be a great topic, thanks Indiana for this idea. As my name is Muriel, my nickname is Mumu, so this is my pseudo. Barely people call me that way. Well, I had sweet names given to me by my husband... 

What's funny with my nickname, is that my german Bonanza friends showed me that : Muh-muh, is the noise made by the cows.... "mou mou".... in english and in german, it sounds that way... In :france: it's pronounced differently. that was funny. It's hard to explain, but well, just let me say one thing : I'm not a cow, even not a Taurus, in contrary to the handsome :adam: portrayed by Pernell ROberts.... :lol: 

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "muh muh"

Edited by mumu74
  • Haha 4

Sierra Girl

When I was a child my sister called me Troggles, short for Troglodyte I think. I loved that name. It faded from use when I got older and she moved out and now she never uses it...

Now, my brother calls me Denis (because my name is Denise) and lots of friends, especially at work, call me, very simply... D! Only my brother is allowed to call me Denise, but everyone can call me D! :biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

PSW

There's not much you can do with Paula ... but my college roommates used to call me Hey-Hey (after the 1960s song Hey Hey Paula).  ?

My brother-in-law's family used to call me P-dub (long story...but my last name starts w a W, so it's sort of a mishmash of P and W). That has gone away over the years -- though ironically my dad picked up on it and still calls me that sometimes... :biggrin:

• Like 3

Questfan

When I was a kid I was often called Scruff, but haven't been a kid or scruffy for a while now. I don't usually go by a nickname anymore although I work with some interesting teens and have been called a name or two along the way. None of them are printable here :biggrin:.

• Haha 2

Mac's Carol

There is not much you can do with Carol, but my sister and I call each other "sister".  I tell people it is easier than remembering her name!  The "kids" (some are now in their 50's) and their friends call me Tantie.  This is a mixture of tante and auntie.

• Like 2

chrish

unfortunately my nick name sort of sums me up, well that's what my late hubby said and now my children and even grandchildren use it when they are being cheeky.  My middle mane is Madeleine so my hubby changed it to madders, implying at times I am mad. I don't really mind it's said in fun ( I hope), I tend to say daft thinks and make folks laugh. My excuse is everyone should have a laugh each day:lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

JC*

When I was little my dad called me Scooter, and an uncle called me Black-Eyed Susie because my eyes were dark.  In high school my bf called me Bertha (private joke) and another called me PJ (my initials).  Now my grandchildren called me Nana Banana when they want to be funny...

• Like 2

jojay
On 8/8/2017 at 4:18 PM, Juanita said:

I've been called Wazzie, Jua Jua, and Nita. Jua Jua and Nita are still stuck, but Wazzie, not so much, even though I think it's cuter than Jua Jua. :lol:

I like Jua Jua, sounds so much cuter than when little brother calls me Jo Jo.:lol:

• Haha 1

MicheleBE1115

My family calls me Shelly.  Interestingly, when my sister first introduced me to her friends many years ago, they thought Shelly was my real name.  I had to correct them and let them know my correct name.  They got a bit upset thinking they could refer to me by my nickname which I reserve for family and one or 2 very close friends who've known me for years.

And the coup de grace as some of you know, is I get peeved if my real name is spelled with 2 "l"s.  I wonder if I should have on my tombstone, "Yes, Michele is spelled correctly."

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

jojay
19 hours ago, MicheleBE1115 said:

My family calls me Shelly.  Interestingly, when my sister first introduced me to her friends many years ago, they thought Shelly was my real name.  I had to correct them and let them know my correct name.  They got a bit upset thinking they could refer to me by my nickname which I reserve for family and one or 2 very close friends who've known me for years.

There are times someone will call me by a family name and it irritates me.  When I was dating my hubby and he called me by that name it didn't bother me at all, it felt....right.:smile:   Conversely, a guy I dated called me that name and it really bugged me.

Edited by jojay
  • Like 1

MicheleBE1115
11 minutes ago, jojay said:

There are times someone will call me by a family name and it irritates me.  When I was dating my hubby and he called me by that name it didn't bother me at all, it felt....right.:smile:

I expect my family to call me by my nickname.  People I'm just introduced to should know my correct name.  I can't endorse checks made out to Shelly.

• Like 1